Raising expectations in anaplastic lymphoma kinase positive (ALK+) advanced non-small cell lung cancer (aNSCLC) post crizotinib
Exceeds 1 year median PFSa in ALK+ aNSCLC patients post crizotinib1
ALUNBRIG is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with ALK+ aNSCLC previously treated with crizotinib1
NICE recommendation for ALUNBRIG (brigatinib) in ALK+ aNSCLC post crizotinib - funding is now available2
ALUNBRIG (brigatinib) is recommended, within its marketing authorisation, for treating anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in adults who have already had crizotinib2.
Expert opinion - NICE recommendation for ALUNBRIG
Watch Dr Sanjay Popat (Medical Oncologist, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London) discuss the significance of this positive decision for ALK+ aNSCLC adult patients currently receiving crizotinib.
ALUNBRIG exceeds 1 year median PFSa in ALK+ aNSCLC patients post crizotinib1
- Systemic ORRb of 56% (97.5% CI 45-67) of patients6
- Systemic mPFSc of 16.7 months (95% CI 11.6–21.4)6
- mOS of 34.1 months (95% CI 27.7–NR)6
aIRC and investigator assessed; bInvestigator assessed; cIRC assessed
- ALUNBRIG Summary of Product Characteristics
- NICE Final Appraisal Determination; Brigatinib for treating ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer after crizotinib https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/gid-ta10268/documents/final-appraisal-determination-document. Last accessed February 2019
- Chia PL, et al. Clin Epidemiol 2014;6:423–32.
- Kheng YC, et al. J R Coll Physicians Edinb 2018;48:20–4.
- Gainor JF, et al. Cancer Discov 2016;6:1118–33.
- Huber RM, et al. Poster presentation at ASCO Annual Meeting 2018, Poster 384.
- Camidge DR, et al. J Clin Oncol 2018;36:2693-2701.
- Ahn M-J, et al. Oral presentation at IASLC 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer, 2017.
- Ou S-HI, et al. Oral presentation at ESMO 2017, poster 1345P.